The difference between an e-passport and an ordinary passport is that it has a small and thin chip like the SIM of a mobile phone. It will have 36 types of security features, many of which will be hidden. The information found in the Machine Readable Passport (MRP) database will be transferred to the e-passport at the time of e-passport. Like a passport, e-passport applications can also be found online. If you want, you can download the PDF form and fill it by hand. Photo and attestation are not required while filling the form. However, national identity cards have been made mandatory for adults and birth registration certificates for minors. At the time of accepting the application form, 10 fingerprints of the applicant and a picture of the Irish eye will be taken. That information will be added to the chip. All the information will come out as soon as the immigration police hold the passport page in front of the special device.
E‑Passport Online Registration Bangladesh – www.epassport.gov.bd
There are two types of e-passports. One is 48 leaves, the other is 84 leaves. There are three types of fees for general, emergency, and non-emergency. The rule of giving a passport within two days has been introduced. For this, the fee has to be counted more. Initially, the e-passport service has been started from Uttara, Jatrabari, and Agargaon Regional Passport Offices in Dhaka. In phases, 72 regional and divisional offices and 60 foreign missions will be set up.
Instructions for filling e-passport form:
1. E-passport application can be filled online.
2. No documents need to be attested in case of an e-passport application.
3. No photo attachment and attestation will be required in the e-passport form.
4. The application form has to be filled as per National Identity Card (NID) or Online Birth Registration (BRC) Certificate.
5. Juvenile applicants (under 18 years of age) who do not have a National Identity Card (NID) must specify the National Identity Card (NID) number of their father or mother.
7. National Identity Card (NID) or Online Birth Registration (BRC) Certificate should be submitted at the following age-
(A) Online Birth Registration (BRC) Certificate if under 18 years of age.
(B) National Identity Card (NID) or Online Birth Registration (BRC) Certificate of 18-20 years
(C) National Identity Card (NID) is required if above 20 years of age. However, Online Birth Registration (BRC) Certificate will be acceptable in case of application from Bangladesh Mission abroad.
8. Serial numbers marked with a star must be filled.
9. In case of adoption/guardianship, along with the passport application, an order issued by the Department of Security Services, Ministry of Home Affairs has to be submitted.
9. The application should be submitted to the concerned departmental passport and visa office / regional passport office / Bangladesh Mission abroad at the present address.
10. The validity of e-passport for all applications below 18 years and above 65 years will be 05 years and 48 pages.
11. Relevant technical certificates (eg: doctor, engineer, driver, etc.) need to be uploaded/added.
12. If applicable, relevant GO / NOC / Certificate / Retirement Leave Order (PRL Order) / Pension Book should be uploaded/added which should be uploaded on the respective website of the issuing authority.
13. If applicable, marriage certificate/marriage certificate and in case of divorce, divorce certificate has to be submitted.
14. In the case of application within the country, other charges (if any) including VAT at the rate fixed on the applicable fee will be payable in addition. In case of application abroad, the fee fixed by the government will also be payable.
15. Applications for diplomatic passports must be submitted to the Consular and Welfare Wing of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or to the Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Passports.
16. When applying for a new passport from a foreign mission, the contact address of Bangladesh should be mentioned in the permanent address column.
17. In case of an urgent passport application (new issue) you have to collect the police clearance certificate on your own initiative and submit it along with the application.
18. (A) If a police clearance is submitted with the application for obtaining an urgent passport within the country, the passport will be issued within 2 working days subject to all other information being correct.
(B) If a police clearance is submitted with the application for obtaining an emergency passport within the country, the passport will be issued within 7 working days provided that all other information is correct.
(C) If a police clearance is submitted with the application for obtaining a regular passport within the country, the passport will be issued within 15 working days provided all other information is correct.
19. At the time of application, the original National Identity Card (NID), Online Birth Registration (BRC) and, if applicable, Technical Certificate, Government Order (GO) / NOC must be submitted/submitted.
20 In case of re-issuance of passport, original passport has to be displayed.
21. In case of a lost passport a copy of the original GD has to be shown/submitted.
22. In case of application below 06 years of age, a 3R Size (Lab Print Gray Background) photo should be submitted.
23. If the passport is lost or stolen, it should be reported to the nearest police station immediately. In case of a new passport, an application along with a photocopy of the old passport, GD copy has to be submitted.
How to Apply E‑Passport
E-passports can be applied for online by visiting the website www.dip.gov.bd. The site has the facility to select Bengali or English language. Online Passport Application: New / Re-Issue button will be available at the beginning. The application process can be started directly by clicking here. Before that, you can take a look at the 5 (five) steps of the e-passport application. One step is to see if e-passport activities have started in the current living district. The latter are online e-passport application form, payment of passport fee, contact at the passport office for photo and fingerprint, and collection of e-passport from the passport office. These include verification of documents and personal information, photography of the applicant, taking fingerprints and Irish photographs, proper payment of passport fee, and preservation of the delivery slip provided after enrollment. It is mandatory to show the receipt of delivery while accepting the passport. In addition, the latest old passport (if any) must be taken. A passport fee can be paid while submitting an e-passport application online. Passport fees will be calculated automatically. Payment can be made online by submitting the application to the Passport Office of Bangladesh. Apart from online payments, money can be deposited at One Bank, Premier Bank, Sonali Bank, Trust Bank, Bank Asia, and Dhaka Bank. Online payments are made through Sonali Bank’s payment gateway and the online payment methods introduced so far are StarCard, Visa, Q-Cash, Bikash in Mobile Banking, and DBBL Nexus. You need to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker to make online payments.
How much E‑Passport is the fee?
5 year period 21 days regular supply 4 thousand 25 rupees, 10 days fast supply 6 thousand 325 rupees, 2 days super express delivery 6 thousand 625 rupees. 48 pages 10-year term 21 days delivery 5 thousand 650 rupees, 10 days delivery 6 thousand 50 rupees Money and 2 days delivery 10 thousand 350 rupees. 64 pages 5-year term 21-day delivery 6 thousand 325, 10-day delivery 6 thousand 625, 2-day delivery 12 thousand 85 rupees, 64 pages 10-year term 21-day delivery 6 thousand 50, 10-day delivery 10 thousand 350, 2-day delivery 13 700 thousand rupees.
The biggest advantage of e-passport is that it allows travelers to travel very quickly and easily using e-gate. As a result, there is no need to stand in line for visa checking at different airports. This will speed up immigration. If you leave your passport at the designated place of the e-gate, the camera will take pictures. There will also be a system for fingerprint verification. If all goes well, he will be able to pass immigration. If there is any discrepancy, the red light will light up. If there is a travel ban against anyone, it will be known immediately.
Learn about e-passports
The e-passport application form has to be filled as per National Identity Card (NID) or Birth Registration Certificate (BRC). Minor applicants (under 18 years of age) who do not have a National Identity Card (NID) must have their parents’ National Identity Card (NID) number. The e-passport application can be filed online or by downloading the PDF format. There is no need to attest to any photo and any kind of documents. Copies of National Identity Card (NID) for adults and NID of parents along with birth registration certificates for minors have been made mandatory. 10 fingerprints, pictures, and Irish features of the eyes will be taken while accepting the application form. Police verification will also be required in the case of e-passport. In case of emergency, pre-police verification has to be done on one’s own initiative to get an e-passport. The issue of visas will remain the same in the case of e-passport as in the conventional system. Visa authorities or embassies will be able to verify the applicant’s information using this PKD. You can then affix, seal or cancel the visa sticker on the pages of the book. MRPO will be introduced along with an e-passport. However, no new MRP will be given. All MRPs will be withdrawn in phases. Detailed rules for applying are given on the website of the department.
How to check an e-passport online
The status can be checked on the e-passport portal. Click on the search option with the date of birth and the serial number of the application. You can view the status of all your applications from your online portal account.